Guys! You HAVE to try this very easy recipe the next time you want a snack or are hosting an evening tea. I made these chicken tikka sandwiches with some left over chicken tikka I made last night for dinner. Best left over utilization ever! This tikka sandwich recipe utilizes basic home ingredients and gives you an awesome appetizer! The only thing I didn’t like was the coriander garnish so I’m just going to skip that from the recipe. I love making these for brunches along with my Zebra Marble Cake.
I haven’t attached the recipe of the chicken tikka in this recipe as I just used the left overs. But if you are making everything from scratch, here is a good recipe for chicken marination. Or you could be more adventurous and just use any chicken left overs that you have at hand.
No matter what sandwich you decide to make, make sure to always keep them covered after assembling. The bread WILL dry out if left open.
I have served this sandwich hot, cold and at room temperature and I can safely say that it tastes good no matter how you chose to serve it.
Personally, I love them for breakfasts too! If I skip cutting them and just simply slather all the toppings on it (I mean who has time to fix a fancy breakfast)
OTHER TOPPINGS FOR THE TIKKA SANDWICH
Some other toppings that go really well with this sandwich are onions, tomatoes and surprisingly jalapenos. Lets dig right into the recipe!
Open Chicken Tikka sandwich recipe for your Next High tea
Open face Chicken Tikka Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread cut in squares
- 1/2 cup chicken tikka in small chunks or shredded
- 1/2 cucumber finely sliced
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp barbecue sauce
- Layer butter on both sides of your bread slices and cut them in 4 square pieces
- Toast or grill your bread slices on both the sides
- Start by first layering a layer of cheese on top of the bread
- Then layer with slices of cucumber
- Top with chicken tikka chunk, mayo and bbq sauce
- Fill a regular plastic sandwich bag with 1 tbsp of mayonnaise and cut out a small tip at one end of the plastic bag.
- Use this small nozzle to drizzle mayo all over your sandwiches in a diagonal pattern to make your sandwich look pretty
- Use the same method to spread bbq sauce as well
OTHER AWESOME SANDWICH IDEAS
Oh, while your at it, I found some other really cool sandwich ideas that you might like to try
This Indian Mayo Chicken Sandwich recipe right here
This pineapple chicken sandwich by Omg Chocolate Desserts!
This BBQ chopped chicken sandwich by Chew out Loud