Non-peanut butter lovers look away now please, because these no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are alllllll ’bout that butter!
After my fascination with no-bake cheese cakes, and blonde brownies, these have made a permanent home in my heart! These bars are made with a smooth and silky chocolate layer over a thick and equally smooth peanut butter crumb layer. And both of them together just take you to that “ummmmmm aaaaaaa” zone, where you can forget all the worries of the world
I usually write long and lengthy posts explaining to you how everything works and how to fix problems that you might run into but these Chocolate and Peanut butter bars are soooooo forgiving that even if you get something wrong, they will still set and still taste amazing!!! (provided that you are a peanut butter fan of course)
Quick steps to make these delicious bars
So you literally only need 5 ingredients to pull these bars off! There’s obviously chocolate and peanut butter. Then there is cream and biscuit crumb for texture, and honey for sweetener.
You will also need a 9 by 9 inch pan to set your bars in. I prefer lining the pan with parchment paper so that I can remove the bars easily later.
Peanut butter layer of the bar
For the peanut butter layer I used sweetened commercially produced smooth peanut butter. I feel like this bar is super decadent and smooth so chunky peanut butter is a no-go for me. But if you like a little crunch in your bars, go ahead with the chunk.
Heat up the peanut butter in the microwave to get it in a more liquid-y state. And on the other side use a food processor to crush all the digestive biscuit into crumbs. For this layer I used peanut butter, cream, sugar and biscuit. You can skip the sugar if you want. I mixed everything together and tossed them on to the baking pan.
Make sure you press the crumbs down nicely along the edges evenly.
Chocolate layer of the bar
I looooove how this recipe doesn’t need any stove use. Keep the cream and honey in the microwave for 30 secs and mix well. Keep it for another 30 secs and add in your chocolate. Mix your chocolate with a spatula. If it doesn’t mix well anymore, and the ganache seems to have cooled down, keep it in the micro for another 30 secs
IMPORTANT! Keeping your ganache or cream in the micro for longer than 30 sec increments may cause it to burn from the edges. So it’s important to only keep the ganache in the micro for 30 secs at a time.
Once you get a nice smooth mix, pour it onto the peanut butter layer, spreading it out evenly with your spatula. Now you can opt for a nice texture on the top or keep as is.
I like to melt 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle it all over the chocolate in a random fashion. I then use a tooth pick to create a swirl-like pattern on top! Perfect picture!
Refrigerate the bar after all the swirling action. The bar sets quite nicely within 2 hours in the fridge. You can also chuck in the freezer for 20 mins if you can’t wait for that long (wink wink).
Tip: Use a hot knife to cut the bars to get clean smooth edges.
These bars can last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge and up-to 3 months in the freezer.
Recipe for No-Bake Chocolate & Peanut butter bars
Chocolate and peanut butter bar
Peanut butter layer
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 14 digestive biscuits or 2 cups of biscuit crumb
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 150 gm Cooking chocolate with 50% or above cocoa
- 200 gm cream fresh or tin or tetrapak
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp instant ground coffee mixed in 1 tsp of water.
- 1 tsp peanut butter for decor
- A handful of chopped peanuts
- Peanut butter layer
- Line a parchment paper on a 9 by 9 inch square tray and spray some oil or butter on it.
- Process digestive biscuits in a food processor to make crumbs
- In a bowl, add peanut butter and heat it in the microwave for 60 secs or until liquid-ish in consistency.
- Add biscuit crumb in the peanut butter along with a pinch of salt, cream and some brown sugar to from a uniform mix.
- Drop the peanut biscuit mix into the prepared tray and use the back of the spoon to level it out. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add cream and honey, and microwave for 30 secs.
- Mix the honey and cream together and keep in the microwave again for another 30 secs.
- Add in chocolate and use a spatula to fold the chocolate in the cream as it melts. You can heat this mix for another 30 secs if all the chocolate hasn’t melted yet.
- Add in the coffee mix along with some salt in the chocolate (optional step)
- Layer the chocolate ganache on top of the peanut crumb layer and spread around the tray evenly.
- In a small bowl, heat 1 tsp of peanut butter for 30 secs in the microwave and drizzle all over the chocolate unevenly. Use a toothpick to create a random swirly pattern of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.