I’d add more, but these chocolate chip blonde brownies speak for themselves. They are fudgy and gooey and will make the perfect partner for that glass of milk this winter season.
Basic brownie making steps
So the first step in baking is always getting the oven on preheat. And lining your baking tray with parchment paper and an oil spray. I even sprinkle a little flour all over the baking tray to give my baked brownies a nice golden crust. (Just gluttonous things)
I also mixed all my dry ingredients in a bowl and set it aside.
Then I proceeded with beating together some softened butter and sugar. I’ve used light brown sugar, which when put in food processor becomes somewhat white lookin’ for some reason
You only need to beat it with an egg beater for about 2 to 3 minutes till you get a nice fluffy mix. Add in the egg and vanilla essence and beat until its fully incorporated.
TIP: Make sure the egg is at room temperature. You want all ingredients to be at room temperature whenever you are baking brownies/cakes etc
Your mixture will look like this and is absolutely lick-able ( I don’t do that ok?). Go ahead and add half of the milk and beat some more. The batter might look a bit crumbly but that’s OK.
Next you add in your dry ingredient. At this point, if you don’t have Kitchen Aid, please mix the batter with a spatula first if you don’t want dry flour specks all over your kitchen top.
Lastly, adding the other half of the milk to make a rather thick looking brownie batter.
Now comes my favvv part, adding in the chocolate chips (and nibbling simultaneously).
TIP: Coat the chocolate chips in about 1/2 tsp of flour and keep in freezer or fridge right before using them. This will prevent your chocolate into melting in to the batter while baking and will retain their shape.
Reserve a few chips to add on the top and dump all the rest in the batter. Your batter is going to be thick so once its ready and you transfer it to your baking tray, you’ll have to use the back of the spoon to really spread it around.
I am using a 10 x 10 inch pan that I had at home, but you can also use a standard 9 by 9 pan as well.
Top it off with some more chocolate chips (you can also ignore my quantity of chocolate chips and add as many bags of chips as you want, nooooooo judgementttt my friend)
The brownies take about 30 to 33 mins to bake at 175 C. The edges will be light golden brown when the brownies will be done. Wait for the blondies to come down to room temperature and then cut them up in squares.
How long do they last?
- Am….well they are gone before nightfall so not very long 😛 But generally they can last for up to a week in a cookie jar.
- You can freeze them once they cool down if you don’t plan to consume them straight away. When you are ready to eat, let them thaw out for 1 hour or microwave for 30 secs.
Alternates and Remixes
Make it healthy-ish
- You can use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour
- Use dark chocolate chips instead of semi sweet ones.
- Replace regular milk with any almond milk or any other nut milk
- Use organic egg
- You can also use pure ghee or pure home made butter instead of regular butter.
- Use dark brown unprocessed sugar.
- Feel free to remix this recipe any way you see fit. Use caramel chips or sea salt caramel chips instead of chocolate. ( or you know any other ones you find)
- You can also toss in blueberries instead of chocolate chips. (healthy-ish)