IF you guys know me BUT AT ALL! You know how crazy obsessed I am with Lotus! This Biscoff Ice cream cake is my 3rd tribute to show my love for these cookies! Earlier tributes included the fancy Lotus Biscoff cake, and Biscoff custard bars. Without further ado, .I present to you my version of an ice cream cake which of course has LOTUS in it! It has layers of coffee dipped biscuits, mild ice cream and a biscoff sauce layer, all of which comes together to give a kickass dessert.
This one is a crowd pleaser! And I love how well in advance I can make it for get togethers! Put everything together in a pan…freeze! I’ve even made it a week in advance for a dinner!
Some of the ingredients may not be easily available around you, for which I’ve also given substitutes in the end.
Steps to put together this delicious Ice cream Cake
Before you start, I have to warn you, Have enough room in your freezer for 3 bowls. (pleaseeeeee abide grasshopper)
This dessert is made of 3 layers repeating:
- A coffee dipped Lotus cookie layer
- A saucy cookie butter layer
- A perfectly balanced ice cream layer that ties the whole thing together
So for this biscuit layer, you need biscuits ofcourse! But work wise, all you have to do is make coffee! hehe. Just dissolve some instant coffee powder in warm water. And stick it in the freezer to cool down. You want everything to be as chill as possible in the recipe before you are ready to be assemble. We’ll bring this out once we are ready to assemble.
Biscoff sauce layer
If you’ve had biscoff cookie butter before, then you KNOW how thick it really is. I add warm milk to the cookie butter and whisk it. This makes the cookie butter sauce and becomes easily pourable. Cover this and stick it in the freezer too.
Ice cream Layer
While our coffee and sauce cools down, we are going to prepare our ice cream base.
First up, whip up condensed milk and cream cheese together for about 5 mins. After 5 mins it will look frothy and airy, and will also double up in volume. Stick this in the freezer too for 15 mins.
Bring out your whipping cream and whip till it gives you stiff peaks. Bring back the condensed milk mixture and add it to your whip cream. Gently whisk it together on the slowest possible setting of the electric beater. Or you can also use a spatula to fold the condensed milk in.
Now its time to assemble.
Assembling the Biscoff Ice cream cake
Bring the sauce and coffee out and let the show begin! I am using a 12 x 4 inch pan but you can also use a standard 9 x 5 bread loaf pan. I started by adding 3 ladles of ice cream on the base of my pan. Dropped about 4 tbsp of sauce on top of it.
And then dipped my lotus biscuits in cold coffee and placed it on top of sauce.
NOTE: Lotus biscoff cookies are very soft once they touch moisture. When you dip in coffee, just dip and remove immediately. DON’T let your biscuits sit in the coffee. Dip and remove, dip and remove.
Once you reach the top, give your loaf a good tap on the counter to get rid of any air pockets. Cover the pan with cling wrap and keep it in the freezer overnight.
To de-mold the cake, just flip it on the serving tray and run a warm towel around it. And then press the pan in the centre with your thumb. Sometimes it doesn’t work in one go, in which case repeat the process.
Drizzle leftover biscoff sauce all over your bar and some cookie crumbs or really any topping that you want to do.
Substitutes for ingredients if you live in Pakistan/India
- Philadelphia cream cheese – You can use Yogurt instead of cream cheese. Just put the yogurt through a tea strainer or a cheesecloth to get rid of all the water and use it.
- You can use Candi biscuit instead of Lotus if you live in Pakistan.
- You can skip the Lotus sauce and use chocolate sauce or caramel sauce instead.
- If you can’t find whipping cream, get a hold of regular tetra pak cream and whip it up in a cold steel bowl.
Other similar recipes that you may like
Lotus Biscoff cake
No-bake Vanilla custard biscoff bars.
Malai kulfi log (Indian / Pakistani ice cream in a giant log)
No-bake Blueberry cheesecake
Dairy free – No churn, pineapple and coconut ice-cream
No-bake Chocolate and peanut butter bars
Lotus Biscoff Ice cream Cake
- A standard 9 x 5 inch bread loaf pan I used a 12 x 4 inch pan
- 4 bowls.
- A hand whisk and an electric whisk.
- Space in the freezer
Ice cream layer
- 3/4 cup Cream cheese 134 gms
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream 450 ml
- 1 1/4 cup Condensed Milk a 400 gm can
- 2 Packets of Lotus Biscuits 500 gm
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee powder
- 1 1/4 cup Water
Biscoff sauce layer
- 1/2 regular Biscoff cookie butter jar. 200 to 250 gms
- 3/4 cup Milk
Biscuit Layer preparation
- In a bowl, add instant coffee powder and warm water. Mix until the coffee granules dissolve completely.
- Stick the bowl in the freezer while working on the next steps.
- Set your cookies aside for assembly
Biscoff Sauce Layer
- Take out biscoff cookie butter in another bowl.
- Heat milk in the microwave for a minute at high.
- Pour the milk on the cookie butter and hand whisk it to make a smooth sauce.
- Cover and keep the bowl in the freezer as well while proceeding to next step.
Ice cream layer
- Whip condensed milk and cream cheese with an electric hand mixer for about 5 mins or until it gets soft and fluffy.
- Keep in fridge till ready to assemble dessert.
- Whip the whipping cream at high speed until you see soft peaks and the cream is stable
- Add the whipped cream cheese and condensed milk in the whipping cream. Use the electric beater to combine everything together at low speed. Do not over beat once everything is mixed together.
- Keep mixture in the fridge if you aren’t ready to assemble immediately.
- Bring everything out of the fridge/freezer.
- Start by adding a layer of Ice cream base on the bottom of the loaf pan. I used 3 ladles of ice cream mix for each layer. Spread out the ice cream base as evenly as possible.
- Drizzle the biscoff sauce all over the ice cream base. I used 4 to 5 tbsp of sauce for each layer
- Dip Biscoff cookies in the cold coffee and line on the top of the sauce. Don’t let the biscuits be dipped for very long. Just dip and remove immediately.
- Repeat all the layers of the dessert, preferably ending with the cookie and coffee layer.
- Cover the loaf with a cling wrap and keep in the freezer for 18+ hours.
- When you are ready to dish out, remove the loaf from the freezer and invert it on top of the serving tray.
- Run a towel dipped in hot water all around the edge and bottom of the loaf pan for a minute. Pick up loaf from the edge and press in the centre of the loaf. Repeat again if the ice cream cake doesn’t slide out.
- Once the ice cream slides out, Stick it back in the freezer for 10 mins to allow the edges to harden up again.
- Top it off by drizzling leftover cookie butter sauce and some Biscoff cookie crumbs.
- Slice and serve.
You can use caramel or chocolate sauce instead of lotus