When you have tried this delicious Chili Parm Chicken nuggets Recipe at home, there is no going back to fast food or store brought nuggets! I can’t campaign against fast food enough! Even if you are having deep fried food at home, it is STILL healthier in contrast to their fast food counterparts!
Your home cooked fried food:
- Is not going to have preservatives
- Will be kept at a more stable temperatures through out
- Will use ingredients that aren’t modified toxically (Click here to read more)
- Will give you the ability control how much or what type of oil you want to use in your food
Coming back to these beauties. I have been having chicken nuggets since I was a kid, as I am sure most of you have too. But the thing is, I get bored, and when I get bored, I experiment. This was one of those successful nugget recipes that I tried out of boredom and I am happy to share with you all finally!
These nuggets have two flavor packed ingredients which set them apart. First is the freshly grated Parmesan and we know what cheese does to food (READ makes delicious!). And secondly, the red and green chilies, be-speckling the nugget, which bring the heat and looks to the Nugget.
EASY TO FIND INGREDIENTS
The ingredients are very simple, and the highlight of the dish are the red and green chilies! They look super cool dispersed in the chicken mix.
SUBSTITUTIONS THAT YOU CAN DO (although I don’t want you to)
You can use Panko bread crumbs instead of the regular ones I used.
You can use Dried Parmesan instead of the grated one.
You can use only one type of chilies instead of two (by doubling its quantity).
For a chicken nugget to have a proper texture, you need to process the meat to form a paste like consistency. So first of all, I chucked my chicken and chilies in the processor and processed it until I got a smooth mix with chili bits spread around.
Next, I transferred the chicken mix in a bowl and added the grated Parmesan and an egg.
Then, I proceeded to add all my seasonings like salt, pepper, vinegar, soy sauce, thyme and mixed the whole thing up
The next step was to line a normal tray with butter paper and coat it with oil. Then I poured in the chicken mix and patted it to form a uniform slab. I popped this in the freezer for an hour to let the mixture harden. And then cut it up in squares.
However, you can skip this step if you are someone who is comfortable with forming nuggets by hand, in which case you just zoom right in to the next step.
Finally, it was crumb coating time for my nuggets. The steps are in the usual order of flour coat, egg wash and then bread crumbs. Although, I do like to season my egg wash with salt and black pepper.
Now you can just pop these right back in the freezer or fry it on the spot. Fry it on a medium flame so as to give the chicken a little time to cook and viola! Your chicken nuggets are ready! Bring out the BBQ, ranch and honey mustard sauce and you are ready to party!
HEALTHY VERSION OF CHILI PARM NUGGETS
All the ingredients in the recipe are already healthy. But you can do the following to make it into an entirely keto friendly healthy recipe:
Use Whole Wheat flour instead of all-purpose
Baking the nuggets instead of frying them – Bake them at 200°C on a lightly oiled tray for 6 minutes on one side and then flip on the other side for another 6 minutes.
Use organic eggs and chicken
Use low sodium Soy sauce.
Homemade Chili Parmesan Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Chili chicken Parmesan Nuggets
For the Nugget Mixture
- 1 large egg
- 4 whole serrano green chilies
- 4 whole red chilies
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan shredded
- 250 gm boneless chicken mince
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce.
For the Coating
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- Regular or Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Remove the stems of the red and green chilies. Deseed the chilies as well if you don't want your nuggets to be spicy.
- Pat your chicken mince dry and process it in a food processor along with the chilies.
- Your processed chicken and chili would look somewhat like a paste.
- Transfer the processed chicken into a bowl along with an egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the seasonings including salt, black pepper powder, vinegar, thyme and soy sauce.
- Line a tray with butter paper and spray it with oil. Transfer your chicken mixture onto the tray and press it in to form a uniform slab. Freeze the tray for 1 hour.
- Take out the tray from freezer, and pull out the frozen chicken mixture block along with the butter paper.
- Cut the chicken mix into cubes of the size of your liking
- Coat the nuggets in all-purpose flour, then dip in eggs and coat in bread crumbs
- Deep fry the nuggets at medium heat until golden brown.
- Eat hot with a dip of your choice.
- You can also chose to freeze the nuggets after crumb coating and fry it at a later date