Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t upload the recipe for Caramel Tiramisu sooner! This version of Tiramisu is so popular in my house that I make it almost every month ( considering I only make dessert once a week!) Apparently coffee desserts are a big no-no at my place, and Tiramisu is literally one of my FAVORITE desserts. I developed this recipe last year I think, when I really wanted my family to try Tiramisu even if I didn’t use any coffee or alcohol. If you are looking for the authentic Italian Tiramisu recipe, you might want to turn away. This recipe is dedicated to all those who don’t like coffee or alcohol in their desserts
EASY BEGINNER FRIENDLY RECIPE
For new home cooks, don’t sweat it. Just take a look at the simple ingredients below. The only thing I forgot to add in the picture was castor sugar.
You Start off with pouring the milk in a sauce pan and then heating it until it boils. Then just make the caramel from the instructions in the box.
TIP: ADDING THE BLACK CARAMEL TOPPING FROM THE BOX IN THE MILK WILL ENHANCE YOUR FLAVOR EVEN MORE AND GIVES THE CARAMEL MORE DEPTH.
Let your caramel cool down but make sure that you keep stirring it from time to time. This will ensure that a top coat doesn’t set on your caramel.
Now you go ahead and beat the heavy cream in a bowl and beat the cream cheese, essence and sugar in another. Mix them together and you are halfway through the recipe already!
NOTE: IF YOU DON’T LET YOUR CARAMEL COOL DOWN PROPERLY, AND ADD IT TO YOUR CREAM WHILE ITS HOT, YOUR CREAM WILL MELT AND YOU WILL GET A RUNNY MIXTURE RATHER THAN A THICK FOAMY ONE. NEVERTHELESS, IF THIS HAPPENS, ADD 1 TBSP OF GELATIN DISSOLVED IN HOT WATER TO YOUR MIXTURE AND YOUR DESSERT WILL SET JUST FINE.
Layer your dish with biscuits at the bottom. I used Ulker Tea biscuits because I wanted thinner layers of biscuits but this recipe turns out great with the lady finger biscuits as well. Once layered with biscuits, add your creamy mixture in small sections, we don’t want very thick layers of cream.
AND YOU ARE ALMOST DONE!
After the cream, sprinkle some cocoa powder with a sifter. Be generous!
TIP: A GENEROUS AMOUNT OF COCOA POWDER FORMS A WATER PROOF LAYER THAT PREVENTS YOUR BISCUITS ON THE TOP FROM SINKING WHILE YOU LAYER THEM.
Repeat the layer process until your cream mixture is finished. The top coat finishing is totally upto you. You can make the last layer your cream layer or biscuit layer. I prefer finishing with cream and cocoa because I like decorating on top of the cocoa bed.
PLEASE! JUST CHILL!
Ofcourse your Caramel Tiramisu needs some setting time in the fridge! Technically it sets in about 10 Hours, but honestly the Cocoa and the cream and the biscuits – their flavors merge perfectly in around 24 hours. I would suggest to chill it for a day, but if you can’t wait that long then fine! I”ll give you a minimum refrigeration time of 10 hours.
RECIPE FOR CARAMEL TIRAMISU
- 2 packets Caramel
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 3 half rolls Tea biscuits
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese preferably Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any you like
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder for sprinkling
- 4 drops Vanilla essence
- In a medium sauce pan, add milk and let it boil at medium flame and follow the instructions on the caramel packet to make the caramel. Add the caramel topping (given in the caramel box ) in the mixture as well.
- Set the caramel aside to cool down and stir it occasionally to prevent a top layer from forming.
- In another bowl, Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Next, beat the cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes. Fold the cream cheese in the heavy cream.
- When the caramel cools down, pour it in the heavy cream mixture and beat for a minute until fully combined.
- Chose your dish in which you want to assemble your dessert and layer it with biscuits
- Add the next layer of the caramel mixture in spoonfuls, just enough to cover the biscuits
- Sprinkle cocoa powder onto the caramel mixture through a strainer or sieve.
- Repeat the layers till the mixture finishes and top the dessert with more sprinkled cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate overnight or 24 hours to get a completely set dessert.
- Serve chilled and always keep it covered in refrigerator
- It stays fresh in the fridge and be consumed over a week.
Hey! Can you tell me which brand of heavy cream can we use (in ????????). Thanks!
Hi! I dont know where you live but there are a lot of brands of heavy cream which are good and can be used. If you live in the middle east you can go for Almarai heavy whip cream which you will find in the refrigerated sections. or elsewhere you can find Dreamwhip powdered whip cream which is a blue color box. Emborg also has a very good heavy whip cream option. Hope this helps. feel free to ask any other questions you have 🙂
Ingrid Rizzolo says
You are an amazing chef. I like the way you illustrated the step by step procedure to create your Caramel Tiramisu
Thankyou so much! that is so sweet of you! glad you find it helpful!
Blair villanueva says
Tiramisu is something that me and my boyfriend both enjoyed. We love pairing it with brewed coffee.
Elizabeth Keene says
This looks so yummy! I can’t wait to try it. 🙂
Xoxo Elizabeth | http://www.akeenesenseofstyle.com
🙂 aww thnx! Please do! I would love to hear your feedback!
Wow, been looking for a recipe like this too! Would love to do this as well for my kids 🙂
yess! kids would love it! usually kids dont like the bitter coffee taste, hopefully this solves that problem!
Meygan @ AllTheRooms says
Oooh, love that this recipe is healthy because I am a sucker for tiramisu!
Me too! Hi5! haha lemme know when you try it!
Rachel Hart says
I have never tried making a tiramisu recipe before! This one looks like keeper. I might have to give it a go one day. Thanks for sharing!
That sounds good to me 🙂